Oh cooking. I’ve most definitely taken on the “chef” role in this house, and I love it! I seem to stumble on the most random recipes, and not all of them work out, but sometimes they do! Here’s a new recipe for ya! Marshall rated this one an 11/10 :)
For each serving (person) you will need: 1 orange, 1 chicken breast, 5 slices of bacon, 1 tbs butter, 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Slice the orange (pretty thin slices) and place the slices flat into a glass baking dish.
- Slice the chicken a few times on both sides: not all the way through, just enough to let sauce soak in.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter, and add the worcestershire sauce (as much or as little as you want). Pour this mixture over both sides of the sliced chicken (over the pan so that the excess is in the bottom of the pan). Then set the chicken down on top of the orange slices.
- Wrap slices of bacon around the chicken. (I used 5 slices for one piece of chicken. But you can use as much or as little as you’d like! If you use more, be careful that you are still cooking the chicken the whole way through!)
- Top the dish with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. (Make sure there is a good amount of butter/worcestershire in the bottom, to help keep the chicken from drying out.)